Sunday, 27 October 2013

Guest Post - Top 5 Books - Clare from A Book and Tea

Thank you to the wonderful Em for letting me guest post on her blog! Here I give you my top 5 books. However, I do love a number of books so this isn't a set in stone top 5. Please go check out Clares Blog its wonderful!
The Lottie Project - Jacqueline Wilson
I loved Jacqueline Wilson books as a child and I'd probably still read them now. The Lottie Project was my favourite - even though it was tough to pick this one. It focuses on a school girl called Charlotte that does a project about a Victorian servant girl. Charlotte realises just had hard it is for the servant girl and she tries her best to love her own family life. It was so cute when I was younger and I loved (and still do) the Victorian era.

To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
It's a classic and everyone should read it. Although, it deals with topics such as rape and racial injustice it is actually humorous and shows childhood innocence. It's based on the authors own experiences and it's a perfect piece of American Literature.

Hey Nostradamus - Douglas Coupland
I think it might be quite a weird book to like considering it's about a high school shooting, but it's
really good. It's very emotional and hard-hitting and makes you think about life. Douglas Coupland is a great author and everyone should go read a novel by him. His novels feature modern day worries such as what would happen if all bees died? You'd be amazed to find out!

The Wicked Lovely Series - Melissa Marr
I know this is technically three books, but I loved the whole series and that to me deserves a spot in my top 5. Wicked Lovely is a fantasy series based on fairies in the mortal world. Don't be foiled by the innocence it's full of danger and a battle between good and evil.


A starter for ten - David Nicholls
This is the first book I read of David Nicholls and I loved it. It's just a shame that One Day was ruined by the film. A starter for ten follows the life of Brian and his dream of being on University Challenge. It's such a funny book and you can relate to some of the stupid situations Brian gets himself into.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE To Kill A Mockingbird. A truly phenomenal book!

    ReplyDelete