Can you choose between fighting for your life and fighting for your heart?
Twenty-two year old Corpsman Emme Sawyer doesn’t follow rules. She’s always been the best and no one will die if she has anything to say about it.
Emme refuses to hang around the hospital waiting for the wounded to come to her and joins a Marine unit heading into Helmand Providence, the largest opium producer in Afghanistan. Shutting off her emotions, Emme focuses on what she does best…keeping her men safe. When her best friend is obliterated by a roadside bomb, Emme
begins to realize she can’t save everyone. Seeking comfort from Raven, her commanding officer, Emme develops feelings that don’t belong in a combat zone where each step could be your last. As Raven reciprocates, Emme learns you can’t choose when and where love finds you.
Interview; How do you find motivation for writing?
Although I had this idea in my head forever I was truly motivated to write this book after reading the book Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell. His book made me really want to learn more about the war in Afghanistan and really understand the culture and what was going on over there. It seems as a country we are quick to put all Muslims in the category of terrorist when in actuality the tribes are a very honorable and righteous group. The Taliban only being a small facet of that. I discovered that the tribal communities are very similar to our Native Americans. The more I researched the more I was inspired to give a voice to so many of the soldiers and sailors that are fighting every day for a country that doesn't want them there. In addition, the song American Soldier is a song I listen to often because it talks about how the families are left behind in order to protect the families of people our military doesn't even know. It is such a contradictory idea of valuing life and working to preserve it while using violence to eradicate the enemy. The entire idea fascinated me and I hope I was able to project that into my book
You can add 1000 Sleepless Nights to your to-read list on Goodreads:
You can also find 1000 Sleepless Nights on the Entranced website:
Information about the book:
Title: 1000 Sleepless Nights
Author: Connie Ann Michael
Genre: Contemporary Military Romance
Release Date: August 26, 2013
You can buy 1000 Sleepless Nights here:
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/1000-Sleepless-Nights-ebook/dp/B00ES54D9W/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1380393850&sr=1-1&keywords=1000+sleepless+nights
- B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/1000-sleepless-nights-connie-michael/1116755462?ean=2940148752905
- Kobo: http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/1000-Sleepless-Nights/book-LdxjmaLRvEyPShYHz1QoBw/page1.html?s=RAW0Q39QtEOx-Kwdsjr_Pg&r=1
- Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/349448
About the Author:
Connie Ann Michael was raised a city girl, but was converted to a country girl after college and now resides in a speck of a town in Central Washington State. She is married to her former boss as she worked at the local Pizza place and has two college age boys that provide endless material for her books. She loves the outdoors and can be found mountain biking, kayaking, or camping with her family. Being a busy family, she can be found working on her newest novel while on long road trips.
You can find and contact Connie Ann Michael here:
- Website: http://www.connie-avidreader.blogspot.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/connie.e.michael
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/connieamichael
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/103953176939854420824/posts
- Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7169768.Connie_Ann_Michael
There is a tour wide giveaway for the blog tour of 1000 Sleepless Nights. Here is what you can win:
- 10$ Amazon gift card
- 2 e-copies of 1000 Sleepless Nights by Connie Ann Michael
- 1 military beanie baby
- 2 bookmarks and dogtags