Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Anatomy of a Boyfriend (Anatomy #1) by Daria Snadowsky (*)

Genre; YA
Release date; 2007
Synopsis
Before this all happened, the closest I'd ever come to getting physical with a guy was playing the board game Operation. Okay, so maybe that sounds pathetic, but it's not like there were any guys at my high school who I cared to share more than three words with, let alone my body.

Then I met Wes, a track star senior from across town. Maybe it was his soulful blue eyes, or maybe my hormones just started raging. Either way, I was hooked. And after a while, he was too. I couldn't believe how intense my feelings became, or the fact that I was seeing—and touching—parts of the body I'd only read about in my Gray's Anatomy textbook. You could say Wes and I experienced a lot of firsts together that spring. It was scary. It was fun. It was love.

And then came the fall.
Review
This book has been doing the booktube rounds, and plenty of reviews have gone live, i have done my best to avoid them as i didn't want them spoiling my ideas of the book - all i knew was it wasnt what you expected from the book. I agree with the afore sentence to some degree, i think what i thought was , great another teenage romance, what i got was that but with much realism.
“You are all at once the subject, object, predicate, preposition, and period of my thoughts.”
We meet Dom and Wes, and the budding relationship that is growing between them, its not perfect in the way it grows, but more awkward, they spend alot of time together and not really talking - but not doing much of else either, awkward is the only way to describe it. We see from Doms point of view, how hooked she is on Wes. How she learns to handle the lust and love she is feeling. I as a reader didnt like Wes, but that is because of his nature, and the fact he is a teenage boy, im not a fan of them anyway, so to read one so true to life, it was a given i wouldnt like him. What i did like though - was the book as a whole, it was honest, awkward, true and very funny, it was sad in parts as well giving it the perfect balance, i read this in two evenings and i am looking forward to seeing where Doms story goes.

Rating; 7/10

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to read this. I hope I can get my hands on it soon. Great review!

    ReplyDelete