Tuesday, 30 September 2014

♥ Six Of Hearts - LH Cosway ♥

Step right up and meet Jay Fields: Illusionist. Mentalist. Trickster.

I think in triangles. You think in straight lines.

I show you a table and make you believe it’s a chair.

Smoke and mirrors, sleight of hand, misdirection. I trick and deceive.

But most of all, I put on a good show.

The world thinks I killed a man, but I didn’t. Bear with me. It’s all a part of the plan.

Revenge is what I want. I want it for me and I want it for her.
I want it for all six of us.

She doesn’t remember me, but she’s the reason for everything. She’ll be my prize at the end of all this – if I can hold onto my willpower, that is. Maybe I’ll slip up a little, have a taste, just a small one.

So go ahead and pick a card. Come inside and see the show. Look at my hands, look so closely that you can’t see what’s happening while you’re so focused on looking. I’ll be destroying your world from right here in the spotlight.

You’ll never see me coming until it’s too late.

I’ve only got one heart, and after I’ve pulled off my grand deception I’ll hand it right to her.

So, sit back, relax, and let my girl tell you our story. You’re in for one hell of a ride


♥ Review ♥

Wow, this is the book i have been waiting for! I have a huge think for Derren Brown, i think its the whole illusion element, and stage prescence so this was right up my street. 
We meet Jay Fields, the well known illusionist - we meet him the day he arrives at a small town lawyers office. We also meet Matilda, who works at said small town lawyers office as a receptionist, and is nearly floored by the beauty of Jay. (I was right there with her!)

Jay is set to sue a huge newspaper for slander, after claiming he killed a volunteer during one of his shows, and having apparently claimed a death certificate. Jay as a character is captivating, smoking hot and a walking piece of beauty. From the minute we meet him, we know thats not all there is to the story, he is a good man with a good heart. 

Matilda is a sweet, and not so naive girl, she is independent and focused and works her bum off. I adored her as a character, there was something about her that was so likeable, not just your usually ditzy girl, she had balls, she had fun and most of all she was believable. Cosway has written the perfect chemistry between the two, the type that is so strong it can be smoking hot or dangerous.

As we follow the characters through this legal battle, we learn there are alot of secrets, secrets that have been kept for a long time, and secrets are not always a good thing. We witness characters emotions fly all over the place as they battle to get things under control. 

Cosway has done a brilliant job of creating a world i wanted to be part of, in a house i waanted to live in, with characters i wanted to be friends with. It was beautifully written and had me hooked from the very first page until long after the last one!

♥Rating♥
5/5

Buy Links

No comments:

Post a Comment