Monday, 22 September 2014

♥ Virgin by Radhika Sanghani Review ♥

Okay, I admit it…I didn’t do it.

Yet.

This is normal, right?  I mean, just because everyone I know has talked like they’ve already done it doesn’t mean that they’re telling the truth…right?

It’s not like I’m asking for that much. I don’t need the perfect guy. I don’t need candlelight or roses. Honestly, I don’t even need a real bed.

The guys I know complain that girls are always looking for Mr. Right—do I have to wear a sign that says I’m only looking for Mr. Right Now?

Sooooo…anyone out there want sex? Anyone? Hello? Just for fun?

I am not going to die a virgin. One way or another I am going to make this happen.

Hey, what have I got to lose? Besides the obvious


♥Review♥
Virgin follows the story of 21 year old virgin, Ellie - who is a woman on a mission, a mission to lose her v-plates, something that hasnt happened for her. Seriously she tried, and well it just didn't. With the last year of university just starting, she decides that she can't leave university still a virgin. Grabbing her best friend, Lara and her new found friend Emma - they all set about solving this problem. Along the way we learn about the hiliarious tragedies that have caused this situatiion to arise in the first place including the now famous "bite job" As the journey takes on a life of its own, the girls also decide to document the adventure on the blog, all about vaginas.

Virgin is a hiliarious look at one womans mission to be deflowered. Radhikias, writing style is very much like some of its characters, open, honest and upfront (im looking at Emma here) It was rather simple in the sense, it always cut straight to the point, and thats what i loved, there was no (excuse me here) fannying about.

Radhika has written some brilliant characters and from the get go i loved Ellie and was rooting for her from the very start, she was a bit shy, a little bit awkward and probably frustrated. Her friends where the perfect accompiant to her, the mix of them together, gave a real sense of friendship between them, even when they were falling out, it was just realistic. She wrote some characters for us to be warry of, and some to laugh along with. 

Overall, this was a perfect dose of chick lit that had me laughing from start to the end, it lightened my mood and brought me out of a slump i was in. If you are a fan of Bridget Jones with a slightly younger target audience this will be a perfect fit for you.


♥Rating
4/5


About the author
I have just written my debut novel VIRGIN, which will be coming out in August in America, with Penguin, and September here in the UK with Harlequin.
I'm a women's writer for The Daily Telegraph in London where I write on women's issues.
I read constantly and love reviewing contemporary novels. Feel free to get in touch! 


♥Buy Links

No comments:

Post a Comment