Tuesday, 6 January 2015

♥ 5 * reads of 2014 ♥

So now we are safe into 2015, i thought it time to share some of the 5*reads i loved in 2014, its a mixture of series books and smut, that just sums up how i read.

Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet #2)by

 

Afterburn & Aftershock (After #1-2)by

A Sip of You (The Epicurean #2) by

The undeniable chemistry between food photographer Catherine Kelley and billionaire gourmand William Lambourne has become an unquenchable thirst…

Catherine’s career in Chicago is taking off and the handsome stormy-eyed stranger who recently rocked her world has become—dare she say it?—her boyfriend. Dating a billionaire who’s a god in the bedroom and a virtuoso in the kitchen definitely has its perks. But it’s the unguarded, tender moments with William that stir Cat’s heart and reawaken her appetite for love. A weekend trip to William’s vineyard so he can face a painful loss puts their new relationship to the test. Complex and layered, William is at once passionate and sweet, but also prickly and guarded. He’s promised openness, but it becomes immediately clear that Cat’s version of honesty and his are as different as chardonnay and pinot noir. It’s hard to fault William for his secretive ways when Cat knows she’s holding back, too. As the attraction between them gets even hotter, Catherine and William must share all of their secrets before their relationship can truly begin. And little does Cat know how dangerous confronting their pasts will be. Book 2 in the The Epicurean series. 

 

 Summer's Child by Diane Chamberlain

A chance to uncover the secrets of her past On the morning of her eleventh birthday, Daria Cato finds an unexpected gift on the beach – an abandoned baby. Unable to leave the child unclaimed, the Cato family adopt Shelly, but the question of her birth haunts the local community.Twenty years later Rory Taylor returns home – and will not rest until he has answers for Shelly. As closely guarded secrets and sins begin to unravel, piece by piece the mystery of the summer’s child is about to be exposed. A mystery no one involved is prepared to face. A truth that will change her future forever

 

 

Going Back by

How do you know where you belong?
In June 1988, Elizabeth Kelly's parents think she belongs at home in Ireland. Her boyfriend is certain of it. Unwilling to settle down just yet, she decides to spend the summer in Boston with her college friends.
The next four months change all of their lives. Elizabeth surprises herself by falling for Danny Esposito, a restless charmer with a troublesome family.
Almost a quarter of a century later, Ireland is once again gripped by recession. A new generation looks to America, awakening memories of a golden summer for their parents. When a crisis occurs, Elizabeth returns to Boston where she is drawn back into the life she once lived. But will she be able to reconcile the dreams of her twenty-year-old self with the woman she has become?

GOING BACK is a story of family, friendships and love, of difficult decisions and lifelong consequences

Little Beach Street Bakery by
Polly Waterford is recovering from a toxic relationship. Unable to afford their townhouse, she has to move miles away from everyone, to the sleepy little seaside resort of Polbearne, where she lives alone above an abandoned shop.

And so Polly takes out her frustrations on her favourite hobby: making bread. But what was previously a weekend diversion suddenly becomes far more important as she pours her emotions into kneading and pounding the dough, and each loaf becomes better and better. With nuts and seeds, olives and chorizo, with local honey (courtesy of local bee keeper, Huckle), and with reserves of determination and creativity Polly never knew she had, she bakes and bakes and bakes . . . And people start to hear about it.

Sometimes, bread really is life . . . And Polly is about to reclaim hers

Twisted Together (Monsters in the Dark #3)by Pepper Winters

“After battling through hell, I brought my esclave back from the brink of ruin. I sacrificed everything—my heart, my mind, my very desires to bring her back to life. And for a while, I thought it broke me, that I’d never be the same. But slowly the beast is growing bolder, and it’s finally time to show Tess how beautiful the dark can be.”

Q gave everything to bring Tess back. In return, he expects nothing less. Tess may have leashed and tamed him, but he’s still a monster inside.

After surviving the darkness, a new dawn has begun. Twisted Together wades through black to grey, chasing the light of true love to banish the shadows forever.

Pain is a requirement, connection a necessity. But ultimately Q and Tess must face their demons, before they can embrace their future.

Six of Hearts by


Step right up and meet Jay Fields: Illusionist. Mentalist. Trickster.

I think in triangles. You think in straight lines.

I show you a table and make you believe it’s a chair.

Smoke and mirrors, sleight of hand, misdirection. I trick and deceive.

But most of all, I put on a good show.

The world thinks I killed a man, but I didn’t. Bear with me. It’s all a part of the plan.

Revenge is what I want. I want it for me and I want it for her.
I want it for all six of us.

She doesn’t remember me, but she’s the reason for everything. She’ll be my prize at the end of all this – if I can hold onto my willpower, that is. Maybe I’ll slip up a little, have a taste, just a small one.

So go ahead and pick a card. Come inside and see the show. Look at my hands, look so closely that you can’t see what’s happening while you’re so focused on looking. I’ll be destroying your world from right here in the spotlight.

You’ll never see me coming until it’s too late.

I’ve only got one heart, and after I’ve pulled off my grand deception I’ll hand it right to her.

So, sit back, relax, and let my girl tell you our story. You’re in for one hell of a ride

 

Promised (One Night #1)by Jodi Ellen Malpas

Livy notices him the moment he walks into the coffee shop. He's heart-stoppingly stunning, with a blue-eyed gaze so piercing she's almost too distracted to take his order. When he walks out the door, she thinks she'll never see him again. Then she finds the note he left on his napkin . . . signed M.

All he wants is one night to worship her. No feelings, no commitment, nothing but pleasure. Every defense mechanism Livy has adopted during her solitary life is at risk of being obliterated by this confounding man. He's obnoxious but well-mannered. He's a gentleman but aloof. He's passionate but emotionless. Yet the fascination is so powerful, Livy can't deny him... or herself.

M awakens something in Livy, something deep and addictive that she never knew existed -- and that she fears only he can satisfy. But she senses that behind the fast cars, fancy suits, and posh apartment, he's aching inside. To have him, body and soul, she'll have to brave his dark secrets. Delving into his world and breaking down his defenses become her obsession - an obsession that could shatter her heart beyond repair..

♥  So, thats what hooked me in the last year, and i cant wait for more of the same in the next year, have you read any of these?♥

1 comment:

  1. I love Chamberlain and hope to try a Day book this year. I love your mix of choices.

    ReplyDelete