Monday 23 May 2016

✿ Summer At Rose Island || Review ✿

Fall in love with the gorgeous seaside town of White Cliff Bay this summer and enjoy long sunny days, beautiful beaches and… a little romance. Darcy Davenport is ready for a fresh start. Determined to leave a string of disastrous jobs and relationships behind her, she can’t wait to explore White Cliff Bay and meet the locals. When Darcy swims in the crystal clear waters of the bay, she discovers the charming Rose Island Lighthouse. But it’s not just the beautiful building that she finds so intriguing… Riley Eddison doesn’t want change. Desperate to escape the memories of his past, he lives a life of solitude in the lighthouse. Yet he can’t help but notice the gorgeous woman who swims out to his island one day. Darcy is drawn to the mysterious and sexy Riley, but when it seems the town is trying to demolish his home, she soon finds herself having to pick sides. She’s fallen in love with White Cliff Bay. But is that all Darcy’s fallen for?


By now you know I love a seaside read, and this was the perfect dip into them this season. I've visted white cliff bay before in the winter, and it was nice to return as the weather warms up. Darcy has just arrived after leaving home after  string of failures and sets about settling in before she undertakes her new job.


Darcy couldn't be happier, shes back near the water and where she belongs, what she doesn't expect is when she goes out for a swim to be shouted at by an angry (swoon worthy) man. Riley cant explain why he is so angry with Darcy, not really - his reaction is an over reaction. So, when Darcy takes it upon herself to start a new campaign to save the lighthouse, she finds herseslf constantly up against Riley - and where does that leave the pair?

Summer at Rose Island really is a wonderful read, its full of community spirit, sizzling bbqs and romance, and a swoon worthy main character. The desciription is second to non and i reall felt like I belonged to the community.

The narrative was light enough to enjoy without much thought, but enough depth that I felt fulfilled after finishing. If you are after a light poolside read then this is a great starting read, I'm eager to read more about White Cliff Bay and the wonderful characters that we are starting to get to know.

5/5

I live in sunny Bedfordshire in a house with round windows. I studied media at university which led to a very glitzy career as a hotel receptionist followed by a even more glamorous two years working in a bank. The moment that one of my colleagues received the much coveted carriage clock for fifteen years service was the moment when I knew I had to escape. I quit my job and returned to university to train to be a teacher. Three years later, I emerged wide eyed and terrified that I now had responsibility for the development of thirty young minds. I taught for four years before History Off The Page came to my school to do a Tudor day. I now drive round the country in my little white van, dressing up as a Viking one day and an Egyptian High Priestess the next.

I love to write. The characters do exactly what I want them to do, most of the time. Sometimes they do seem to go off and do their own thing without my permission. It is complete escapism into a world where I have full control.

I've been writing for four years now, every spare second I have, I'm scribbling ideas in a notebook or typing a scene on my laptop. I have written three romantic fiction books. Changing Casanova and The Chainsaw Masquerade were recently shortlisted for the Festival of Romance New Talent Award. My short story, One Hundred Proposals, won the Belinda Jones Travel Club short story competition and was published in the Sunlounger anthology.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top