Tuesday 18 August 2015

♥ Fairytale Beginnings - Holly Martin || Review ♥


Love is an open door…except when it keeps slamming in your face.

Hopeless romantic Milly Rose has had her fair share of heartbreak. Obsessed with all things Disney, she refuses to give up on finding her Prince Charming – he’s out there somewhere, isn’t he?

When Milly is given a job to investigate the origins of an historical building in the village of Clovers Rest, she’s not sure what to expect. What she discovers takes her breath away - a beautiful real life Cinderella castle, complete with turrets, a magnificent drawbridge AND a very handsome owner…Cameron Heartstone.

As Milly and Cameron begin to unearth the secrets of Clover Castle, they can’t ignore the intense chemistry building between them. But they’ve both been hurt badly before. Can they take a big leap of faith and find their own happily-ever-after?

A deliciously enchanting read that will delight fans of Rachael Lucas, Lucy Diamond and Miranda Dickinson or anyone who has ever blubbed at a Disney movie. Who says real life can’t be a fairytale?




If you are like me, you love disney and romance - so i knew this book would be a fantastic read before i even started it. Milly - an employee of castle heritage is sent to Clover Castle to do some research into its origins and wether castle hertiage would take it on. When she finally locates Clovers rest, she makes her way to the castle, what she sees is not what she expects, its like something out disney and to her its perfect, then out steps Cameron - and her heart stops, she has never exprienced  a feeling like it.

Fairytale beginnings is a heart warming rom com, the chemistry between Milly & Cameron is wonderful, its sizzling hot and heart wrenching, its pure love. The narrative has just the right amount of magic to make it step off the page, but not too much that it becomes unrealistic. With a whole range of odd ball characters it is sure to make the reader feel good, and slightly smitten with Cameron.

With a range of mystery, romance and the odd ghosts this is a fast paced read that i would whole heartidly reccomend to anyone. Follow Milly as she fights for love, to be independant and to be happy. Follow Cameron as he learns about trust, honesty and wearing some rather tight clothing - If you buy one book to brighten up this rainy day, i suggest its this one!

5/5







I live in sunny Bedfordshire in a house with round windows. I studied media at university which led to a very glitzy career as a hotel receptionist followed by a even more glamorous two years working in a bank. The moment that one of my colleagues received the much coveted carriage clock for fifteen years service was the moment when I knew I had to escape. I quit my job and returned to university to train to be a teacher. Three years later, I emerged wide eyed and terrified that I now had responsibility for the development of thirty young minds. I taught for four years before History Off The Page came to my school to do a Tudor day. I now drive round the country in my little white van, dressing up as a Viking one day and an Egyptian High Priestess the next.

I love to write. The characters do exactly what I want them to do, most of the time. Sometimes they do seem to go off and do their own thing without my permission. It is complete escapism into a world where I have full control.

I've been writing for four years now, every spare second I have, I'm scribbling ideas in a notebook or typing a scene on my laptop. I have written three romantic fiction books. Changing Casanova and The Chainsaw Masquerade were recently shortlisted for the Festival of Romance New Talent Award. My short story, One Hundred Proposals, won the Belinda Jones Travel Club short story competition and was published in the Sunlounger anthology.

The Sentinel is my first published novel.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top