Sunday 1 January 2023

2022 5* Reads

I may have only read 31 books last year and officially took a break from blogging around April time when it all got a little too much, reading got pushed aside and i literally had no spare moments and when i did - i was sleeping, not reaching for books. These last month or so i have been itching to return to blogging, reading and talking all things book. Like the passion is back. So i thought i would start the new year with my 5* reads from 2022.




Rock Paper Scissors - Alice Feeney 

If you even so much as glance at Booktok for thrillers this is often ranked up there and i can totally see why, it was just fantastic. It was dark, deceptive & gripping. It kept me hooked until that very last page and let me tell you, it was worth it.



The Secret Voices & The Silent Child - M J White

I was waiting for The Secret Voices for the longest time and it did not dissapoint, it was just so good. With something just a bit different to other thrilling reads this is one that you really should give a go. I loved discovering Cora and i was eagerly anticipating the second installment and again this made it into 5* reads. If you are looking for that something different with a strong lead be sure to check these out.



The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo - Taylor Jenkins Reid

Im sure this probably made alot of peoples top reads of the year and i can understand why. Having previously read Daisy Jones and The Six i was looking forward to more from the author. This was fantastic. I loved the way the narrative unfolded as we discovered everything and it just kept me fascinated. 


Beach House Summer - Sarah Morgan

Ive said it before and ill say it again. Sarah Morgan is most certainly one of my all time favourite authors. This did not disappoint, with her beautiful description for scenery, food and characters you really do get lost in the book. I will continue to read everything she writes. 




The Little Library on Cherry Lane - Katie Ginger

This was a sweet bookish delight and was really what i needed when i read it. It stands out as one of those warm cozy reads that really made me smile. I loved discovering the whole village and their characteristics. Such a warm hug in a book.



The Wish - Nicholas Sparks

For years before i started book blogging Nicholas Sparks was my favorite author, i had read every single book of his in my college library on lunch breaks listening to Radio one. I decided to pick this one up for 99p and it literally reminded me why i love his books, i mean i did end up snot crying but you know...standard.




What were your top reads of 2022?




No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top