Thursday 20 September 2018

You Let Me In - Lucy Clarke // Netgalley Review

Spine-tingling, chilling, and utterly compulsive, YOU LET ME IN is the stunning new novel from Richard & Judy Book Club author, Lucy Clarke
Nothing has felt right since Elle rented out her house . . .
I’M IN YOUR HOUSE
There’s a new coldness. A shift in the atmosphere. The prickling feeling that someone is watching her every move from the shadows.
I’M IN YOUR HEAD
Maybe it’s all in Elle’s mind? She’s a writer – her imagination, after all, is her strength. And yet every threat seems personal. As if someone has discovered the secrets that keep her awake at night.
AND NOW I KNOW YOUR SECRET
As fear and paranoia close in, Elle’s own home becomes a prison. Someone is unlocking her past – and she’s given them the key…




Review

You let me in is a wonderful new thriller from Lucy Clarke, and is the first i have read by her and certainly won't be the last. I have tried describing this to others and i just cant because it was so full of twists and turns there was a heck of alot i did not see coming.

Elle, a well recognised author decides to rent her house on air b&b to get a bit more income whilst she visits an authors retreat, with her deadline looming and the risk of loosing everything it feels like a temporary solution to help her get back on track.

When Elle arrives back something doesn't feel quite right about her house, there is something wrong, she is convinced someone is still around, the atmosphere is off and she cant place all these oddities.

As things appear to become more personal, she seeks advice from family but i mean imagination is her career after all so could it be that her mind is running away with her?? As more things change, and the threats really focus on her, someone knows her secrets and she is convinced someone is in her house we follow Elle as she tries to get a handle on things.

You let me in was fantastic. As a reader all the clues where there underlying the narrative for you to work out, but it took you on a rollercoaster of twists and turns meeting an aray of characters all with alterntative motive of knowing Elle.

I loved the pacing, it kept my hooked from the start and left me feeling anxious and on edge as the narrative progressed. I found myself sneeking reading in 5 minutes here and there all the time because i had to know what on earth was going on. It was so well written and i enjoyed it right to the very last page. I cannot wait to read more from Lucy. Wonderful read would totally reccomend.

Author Info
Lucy Clarke has a first class degree in English Literature, and is a passionate traveller and diarist. She has worked as a presenter of social enterprise events, a creative writing workshop leader, and she is now a full-time novelist. Lucy is married to James Cox, a professional windsurfer, and together they spend their winters travelling and their summers at their home on the south coast of England.

2 comments :

  1. Brilliant review I have this still to read and your review has given more meat to the story that I'm going to bump it up my pile now. I love Lucy's previous books and she's a great a account to follow on IG as her beach hut pics are always amazing and she's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got SO into thrillers recently after reading Steve Cavanagh's Eddie Flynn series (would totally recommend) so I'll definitely have to give this a read! x

    megan x
    meganatkinsonslife.org

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top